The newest installment in the Spy Kids series is now streaming on Netflix. As with all of the other films, Spy Kids: Armageddon was filmed on location in Austin, Texas. From June 13 to August 27, 2022, Robert Rodriguez shot the flick at his Troublemaker Studios as well as a number of locations around the ATX.
Here are all the Spy Kids filming locations!
- The family lives at an unknown house in Westlake with gorgeous landscaping (looks like the style my pals at Seedlings Gardening are pros at!).
- The building the parents report to work in is the Austin Energy headquarters located at 4815 Mueller Boulevard.
- As seen in the trailer and our previous post, you’ll see scenes shot on 11th Street past the Capitol onto Congress Avenue. After racing throughout downtown Austin, the Spy Kids eventually turn onto 8th and driving past the Party at the Moontower mural.
- The OSS headquarters is Mary Elizabeth Branch Park pavilion building in Mueller – with the Google Tower super imposed on top of it.
- When the bad guys approach headquarters, they are on Lady Bird Lake headed to the Google Tower with OSS signage CGI on the side.
- The kids launch into the lake near the Google Tower then fly past the Seaholm Intake Facility and through the sky by the Jenga Building.
- The entrance to the safe house is at Krause Springs in Spicewood.
Here’s another fun Austin tie in! The iconic Spy Kids scores will be taught in an educational setting. Austin Classical Guitar has added a new teaching score for an arrangement of the original trilogy’s music to the Texas-based organization’s GuitarCurriculum program.
More Spy Kids: Armageddon fun facts:
Patty and Anthony are named after Rodriguez and his sister (he went by his middle name, Anthony, “Tony” as a child). The director says he named these new Spy Kids in tribute to all the fun he and his sis had together growing up.
Zachary Levi has stated that he did many of his own stunts, but not all of them. His stunt double Dave Castillo has been his stunt double since Chuck!
Everly Carganilla previously played a young Gina Rodriguez on Jane the Virgin.
The song that plays in the end credits called “Armageddon” is performed by Rodriguez’s daughter Rhiannon Rodriguez. And that’s not the only family connection. Rogue Rodriguez, with collective help from his siblings, designed the HySkor gameplay featured in the film.
Spy Kids: Armageddon is streaming now on Netflix.